Thursday, January 23, 2014

Entry #1 - January 24,2013

I am really excited to start this project. I think that learning to play the piano along with the basics of music would definitely be a benefit to me and the people I will present this project to. Learning to play the piano, from a background of no musical experience, is going to be a difficult but fun task for me. The most difficult part of this project for me is probably going to be learning to actually read the music and understand what it means. This project could help me a lot later in life with anything creative. By understanding music, I think it will help me be more creative and open up new and interesting opportunities that I may have never thought of before.

There are many websites on the internet that I think would be helpful to me in my attempt to learn to play the piano and learn the basics of music.

This Data Dragon Information Services website is extremely useful as it teaches all the basics of music as well as the different parts of a music sheet like cleffs, time signatures, and the different types of notes. I found this website by using a search engine.
Link : http://datadragon.com/education/reading/

Another source of information that would be extremely beneficial for my project would be this online video that teaches people the basics of the piano. This is helpful because for someone like me who knows nothing about the piano, this is a great start to learn about the keys on the piano, hand posture, etc. I found this also by using a search engine.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphWgqbF-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment