Thursday, February 13, 2014

Entry #3 - February 14, 2014

I think I am starting off really strong so far. I've learned far more about music than I have in the past 14 years of my life. I am able to read basic sheet music and I know what the notes for the treble and the base cleff are. I am starting to play on the piano because I can finally read some basic sheet music. I still sometimes need to check over the website I'm using to do so, but I am starting to remember certain key notes. I think I still need to work on my hand posture though because sometimes I don't press the key hard enough or I hold it for too long.

Source: "Patterns of the Black and White Keys." Patterns of the Black and White Keys. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
At this point, I am starting to read sheet music from a grand scale. These are some basic songs that I am currently learning right now. As you can see, I am using a website, ZebraKeys.com, which offers not only sheet music, but also a tutorial on how to play each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment