Thursday, April 10, 2014

Entry #9 - April 11, 2014

This past week has not been, to be frank, very exciting. In fact, it's not even close to exciting. It's been a lot of technical, music theory work. I have mostly been learning the symbols on sheet music because I found it was very hard to read sheet music if I didn't know what all the weird symbols mean. I spent most of the past week just learning about that which was not fun at all. I haven't worked on my final product this past week mostly because I haven't been learning the rest of "Moonlight Sonata" which I do intend to do. Hopefully I'll finish the song by next week. Learning sheet music has been bothersome to say the least because it really is just about memorization and memorizing symbols is possibly the most boring task. That said, I am still happy with the progress I've made. I no longer have to keep re-checking what certain symbols mean or what sharp symbols on the lines mean. 
Source: "Musical Symbols - Sheet Music Terms and Musical Symbols." Musical Symbols - Sheet Music Terms and Musical Symbols. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2014.
This is the website I was using to learn about the various symbols when reading sheet music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment